The Thomas Brotherz: Links
- National Jukebox
The Library of Congress presents the National Jukebox, which makes historical sound recordings available to the public free of charge. The Jukebox includes recordings from the extraordinary collections of the Library of Congress Packard Campus for Audio Visual Conservation and other contributing libraries and archives. This is one cool site!
- Southern Folklife Collection
The Southern Folklife Collection (SFC) ranks as one of the nation's foremost archival resources for the study of American folk music and popular culture. SFC holdings extensively document all forms of southern musical and oral traditions across the entire spectrum of individual and community expressive arts, as well as mainstream media production.
- Blues Lovers United Of San Diego
- OUR MISSION: ~ Preserve and promote awareness and appreciation for The Blues - fundamental art form of American-born popular music ~ Entertain and educate blues audiences with newsletter and website publications. ~ Generate a vigorous Blues In The Schools (BITS) program. ~ Foster San Diego's blues community. ~ Stimulate visual and literary artistic blues expression. ~ Present and support local and national artists and blues culture. Check out their band list! Hey while your at it become a member. The dues ain't nothin' compaired to whachugit.
- Good Blues Update
- San Diego's only Independent Blues Publication! Good Blues Update promotes Live blues, swing, folk, jazz, rockabilly, and other roots music in the Southern California area; (our backyard) San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Phoenix AZ, etc. . . but will list some shows no matter where they may be.
- Illinois Blues
- Blues Blast internet Blues Magazine. Free from IllinoisBlues.com Your #1 source for all news Blues. Blues shows, Photos, Artists, News, CDs and more.
- Southern Poverty Law Center
The Southern Poverty Law Center is a nonprofit civil rights organization dedicated to fighting hate and bigotry, and to seeking justice for the most vulnerable members of society.
Founded by civil rights lawyers Morris Dees and Joseph Levin Jr. in 1971, the SPLC is internationally known for tracking and exposing the activities of hate groups. An innovative Teaching Tolerance program produces and distributes – free of charge – documentary films, books, lesson plans and other materials that promote tolerance and respect in our nation’s schools.
Based in Montgomery, Ala., the birthplace of the modern civil rights movement, and have offices in Atlanta, New Orleans, Miami, Fla., and Jackson, Miss.
- Song Sprouts
SONG SPROUTS brings together a world audience hungry for some new free music, your next set of favorite independent artists, and the desire that new fans like you have to support them once they're discovered! Setup a FAN Account for FREE.
- Betsy Yoga
- "Life has a way of getting you caught up in what needs to be done and sometimes, along the way, we lose our center. ...That one beautiful thing inside all of us that connects us with the world around us. It was because of this feeling I came to Yoga.” --Betsy Laban Betsy has been a close friend since the Beatles came to America. Hey, don’t let her looks fool you – she rides a big ass Harley. And some how it all kind of makes sense. So if you find your self in southern California please look her up and take a class or two. The Thomas Brotherz love her like CRAZY!
- Oceanside Ale Works
The Thomas Brotherz be lovin' their brewz! Oceanside Ale Works was founded in 2005 in the heart of the city of Oceanside, California and is one of the few manual brew houses in the USA.
- Pine Hills Lodge
- Above the clouds among the gigantic pines of the Cuyamaca mountains. Elevation 4316 ft. San Diego's Mountain retreat since 1912 Lodging, and some sweet cabins. A swimming pool for summer guests and a bar. Did I mention the bar? And a Sunday brunch to die for. Sunshine served daily... Starry, starry nights, nightly.
- Sarah & Nic
FROM THEIR BLOG:
“Welcome to a mash up of random shit that makes us twisted and shameless broads giggle like 12 year old boys. We are the A.D.D. of blogs. You’ve been warned.”
That sizes it up pretty well.